Monday, November 22, 2010

First snow!

It started with a few flakes late yesterday afternoon.


We don't get much snow most winters, maybe just a couple morning we wake up with a few inches, but this winter promises to have a little more.  El nino or la nina, I can never remember which is which.


This morning when we woke up it was not snowing, just maybe half inch on the ground and bare driveway.  School not even delayed an hour.



But by the time we'd finished breakfast, it was snowing again.  So on went the mittens and boots.  The boy didn't even wait for his coat.



By the time it was time to leave, and I finally wrestled a coat on that kid, it was snowing HARD.  School still not delayed.  Because I forgot that my car doors freeze shut when it snows (German engineering at its finest) off they all went in the 4-wheel-drive.




The half-husky is in seventh heaven and is planning on waiting outside patiently for their return.


I plan on waiting inside, where there is a warm fire.  Somehow I will be productive and not distracted by the pretty snow on the leaves.



Or the pretty winter color scheme I just pulled out.


I wonder how successful I will be...


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures, we are still in the fortunate belt of "nosno".
    Be always in stitches

    ReplyDelete