Thursday, November 18, 2010

New scissors- Pretty fancy?

The scissors I won from the eBay auction I showed on my new phone the other day arrived already!

Aren't they pretty?



These are the same mystery "Nogent" variety as the two birds scissors from this post.  According to the eBay seller, both pairs are Nogents by Claude Daugin...Which I've since learned are very expensive...so I guess either I got a screaming deal, these are either Daugin's budget line (if there is such a thing), or these are good knock-offs.  This particular pair looks identical, except for color and maybe the interior edges less well polished, to the "Dentelle" pair  listed at Silent Stitches, but I got it for less than 1/4 the price.   In any case these are lovely and have a wonderful action, so even though I have a question as to whether they are authentic, I've spent more money for less quality before and don't feel too bad about it. 

But when you think about it, black-market counterfit name-brand scissors don't strike me as lucrative as say, fake Prada bags, and not something I would expect, you know?

Oh well, someday I'll have to get a for sure authentic pair of Nogents and compare, heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment